January 31, 2011
A little change this week ... want to keep our readers interested!!
How Old: 7 weeks (49 days)
Weight: 8 lbs? We will know for sure later this week at our next pediatrician appointment. We will post their stats next week on the blog.
Sleep: This is exciting! We've been slowing increasing their bottles from 3oz to 4oz over the past two weeks and it has helped them sleep longer at night. We now have 6 daytime feedings and 1 nighttime feeding (down from 2 nighttime feedings before). We feed at 10p, 230a & get up for the 7a feeding. Now, this has only been the past few evenings, but we hope it sticks. It's amazing what two stretches of 3.5 hours of sleep can do for you.
Clothing: Still fitting into newborn size clothes and newborn diapers, but we are considering trying size 1 diapers soon.
Best Moment of the week: I successfully made it out of the house with the boys alone! We went to a friend's house for dinner and the boys behaved very well in front of everyone. Actually, I had to wake them up for their feeding time and this never happens at home.
And our friends in NY had their baby, 3 weeks early but mom and baby are doing well. Congrats Laura and Jim -- hopefully we will meet Natalie soon!!
It was also quite amusing to watch Todd show Matt how to use an Ergo Baby Carrier.
Worst Moment of the week: Either being peed on twice in one day or the spitting up with every bottle. We go through an average of 50 burp clothes in 4 days. Thank goodness Auntie Stacie loaned us a bunch of bibs and clothes ... they have been life savers!
Movement: Well, they still dislike tummy time. Their tushies are a little raw, so we have been trying to "air them out". That comes with caution as opening the diaper could mean...... but we've survived a time or two of air.
What we are looking forward to: I have my follow-up with my OB and should be released to exercise. I plan on using every minute I can before I go back to work to lose the remaining 25 lbs.
We also have a friend's first birthday party this coming weekend ... Matt will be there to help, so hopefully we have two well behaved babies!
Freebie Update: We've received gifts from Pampers & Luvs (close to $20 in coupons) & Learning Curve. I can't believe the response and so excited that I spent the time to send out that letter. We've also received a formula sample from Similac and $20 in coupons from them also.
| Can you guess who is who??!! |
I think Zachary is on the left and Tyler is on the right!
ReplyDeleteI concur ;) Z is left, T is right
ReplyDelete